Friday, February 5, 2010

Thing 4

I find that commenting on blogs bears some similarities to face to face conversations. I am a member of a couple online communities. Having a link to the people there, I find that I am much more likely to comment on what others have written. It is similar to the comfort level I have about joining in on a conversation with friends.

When I am on a random blog, or in a forum to which I have no commitment, I practically never leave comments. It is like being in a room full of strangers, with whom I have no relationship, and who I might never see again. I don't feel drawn into the conversation in those types of situations, and that is mirrored in my online activity.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! I really don't like to comment and unless I know them, but I am a member on an online community too and that is the only way to get to know each other. I am trying to get myself out there more. I also like to read when someone comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do find that when I am reading a random blog that I comment out loud. I rarely feel the urgency to type up the comment and post it on the blog.

    ReplyDelete