Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thing 7

I have had experience with these kind of feeds before, and it's not my favorite way to get news. If you subscribe to any kind of news feed, you end of overwhelmed with stories, which are not displayed in any organized fashion. I've had this experience on twitter as well. The only use I can see for google reader or the blogger dashboard is to check up on individual blogs you wish to follow. They update less often, so having them brought to a single site where you can check for updates is convenient.

When it comes to reading news, I prefer to go the websites myself. Unlike google reader, or a similar service, the news sites are organized, and it is easier to scan the headlines, read the stories I consider important, and locate stories in my areas of interest.

2 comments:

  1. Many people do feel a bit overwhelmed with newsreaders at first. But you can create groups and organize the information to your heart's content.

    I don't enjoy going to site after site looking to see if something updated. Also, I hate all the ads that are displayed on these individual sites. Give me NetVibes over checking 20 individual web sites any day. But that's me. And that is the topic of Thing 8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the central location of my favorite blogs as well as the uncluttered look and feel of Google Reader. I understand this does not appeal to everyone.

    ReplyDelete