Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thing 12

I enjoyed looking at these varied Web 2.0 tools. The puzzle site is fun and I want to play around there more, although that is strictly for personal amusement. I found many of the sites interesting, but not things I would visit or use again. It was helpful for future reference to see the types of tools available.

The site I was most interested in for teaching purposes was the timeline site, but I was disappointed in its features, as it only allows for photos and text, not videos, music, voice over, etc. It has spurred me on to further research, as I hope the perfect web tool is out there for making timelines. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a good timeline tool ever since I started teaching. Here is the problem: Each project that a person wants to use a timeline for seems to have different needs. So there is no one program that I can find that makes everyone happy. (Compare this to Publisher. If you want to make a brochure, Microsoft Publisher works in pretty much all situations.)

    The good news is that there are more Web 2.0 timeline tools each time I look. Here are a few:

    MIT's Timeline
    Preceden
    Xtimeline
    Timeline Maker (Teach-nology)
    ReadWriteThink Timeline
    Timeglider
    TimeToast
    capzles
    Dipity
    Timelines.com
    Timerime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I look forward to perusing these sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you share any sites that met your criteria. This is tool that I am often asked about.

    ReplyDelete