Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thing 22

Well, I was REALLY excited yesterday. I decided to use this Thing to find and learn to use the greatest timeline tool ever--I know there has to be one out there--which will do exactly what I want it to do. For the last 2 days, I thought I had succeeded. I found a nifty sight called Capzles. It allows you to upload photos, video, audio and little blogs right into a timeline.

Then today happened. I was working up a mock timeline and discovered that I could not set the date prior to January 1, 1753. Since this site is in its Beta version, I jumped on the online survey and suggested that they expand the time parameters. I hope they do it, because, aside from this flaw, the site is perfect for what I want to do.

At the moment, I'm suffering Web 2.0 let down. It's not as fierce as a full technological meltdown, but it's sad nonetheless. Still, I'll pick myself and my laptop up and try, try again.

2 comments:

  1. I like this site. I'm glad that you emailed the company to ask them to go further back in time. That would not be a difficult adjustment. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that Capzles is described as "social storytelling" as well as an "online timeline" in a Google search. A timeline creater is one tool that I am constantly asked about. Perhaps searching for "social storytelling" will yield other tools.

    ReplyDelete